With midnight fast approaching, you might feel a certain amount of pressure to come up with a New Year’s resolution. Maybe this will be the year that you stop biting your nails, change your eating habits, or even finish writing that novel you started years ago. In any case, keeping a resolution can be hard, so we’ve come up with one that is easy to keep! This year, resolve to improve your heating efficiency!
We know what you’re thinking: “This is just a fancy way of telling me to spend money on products and services.” However, the list we’ve outlined below is comprised of ways that you can boost efficiency in your home without spending a dime. You shouldn’t necessarily have to spend money to save money, and we want to help give you a head start in the new year. Ring in 2019 with efficiency!
Tips and Tricks
We still have a few more months of winter ahead of us, and you likely want to save money on heating costs. Luckily, there are numerous things that you can do at home to boost efficiency:
- Use your curtains wisely: Your curtains are a powerful tool when it comes to harnessing the sun’s heat. By opening the curtains on your south-facing windows during the winter, you can bring free heat into your home. Just be sure to close your curtains at night to keep the heat inside.
- Use your ceiling fans: You might think that turning your ceiling fan on in the winter is counterproductive, but actually, turning your fans on counter-clockwise will help distribute warm air throughout your home.
- Program your thermostat: If you own a programmable thermostat, be sure to set a cooler temperature at night. You can save up to 10% a year on heating bills just by turning your thermostat down 10–15 degrees while you sleep.
- Bundle up: No, you should not need to wear a winter coat and mittens inside your home. However, wearing a blanket, putting warmer sheets on your bed, and throwing on a sweater are all great alternatives to turning up the heat.
- Heat the rooms you use: Some heaters allow you to create “zones,” which can greatly increase your heating efficiency. By cutting off the heat to rooms that you don’t frequent, you can save hundreds on heating costs.
Keeping your New Year’s resolution does not have to be hard when you take advantage of these tips and tricks. Your heating efficiency should improve dramatically, saving you money on both utility bills and repair costs. However, if you notice an issue with your heater, don’t hesitate to contact an HVAC professional. When you need Georgetown, TX HVAC services, look no further than Roznovak’s Services Inc. We offer installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance services to boost your heater’s efficiency and increase its service life!
To learn more about the ways you can boost efficiency at home, or to schedule your heater services, contact Roznovak’s Services Inc. We wish you and your family a Happy New Year!